Thursday, December 9, 2010

Not This One

I (Angie) called DSS today to check on the status of the infant girl we learned about last week. I couldn't get in touch with the original social worker I spoke with, so I called his supervisor. According to her, at the Tuesday meeting with the birthmother, DSS officials made the decision to place the child with a family for adoption. The social worker was surprised to learn of our interest; apparently, the original social worker never passed on our information or connection to the family. I have to trust that this is simply not the child God has for us. If I choose to believe otherwise, that someone dropped the ball, I'll obsess about what could have been. The intense disappointment we feel today is a good sign: We really want this and are ready for both transracial placement and a child who has been exposed to drugs.

1 comment:

  1. Be still and know I am God! What a hard thing to do and what a blessing when we can actually do this. Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete