Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010

I'm thankful today for the generosity of the people who love us. My parents gave us jewelry to sell for the adoption. Numerous friends have bought the coffee Stan has been roasting. My precious cousin who adopted a baby this year slipped cash to Stan while we were opening gifts on Saturday.

I tallied up today what we have paid out for adoption in 2010, and the total came to $4555.00. Our next payment to Bethany will be about $11,000, which we will not pay until we take custody of Baby K.

Here are my favorite 2010 adoption moments:
1. I caught Stan going through yard sale donations to pull out books for our child.
2. A woman at our October yard sale dropped a five dollar bill in the donation jar, having not purchased a thing.
3. My third block class raised $60 in change.
4. Three Hispanic girls in my third block class cheered when I told them we had the possibility of adopting an Hispanic baby girl.
5. While holding my cousin's daughter, Stan mouthed to me across the room, "You distract them, and I'll make a run for the car."
6. I had the "aha" moment three weeks ago when I knew God had changed my heart toward transracial adoption and drug exposure.
7. I saw our online portfolio on the Bethany website.
8. When I was working on our profile book, I fell even more in love with my husband.
Today is our wedding anniversary, and I'm thankful most of all for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment