Monday, October 4, 2010

Lovin' my students today

I have a cool teaching moment to report. One of my juniors is studying adoption for her Graduation Project, and I'm her mentor. She's having a baby bottle fundraiser to raise money and awareness for The ABBA Fund, a charity that offers interest-free loans to families that are adopting. Third block classes are competing to see which one can raise the most money by filling up the one baby bottle in each class. My third block students, most of whom I am teaching for the third semester in a row and know all about our adoption plans, got so excited today that they all took baby bottles home to raise money in their neighborhoods. When I casually mentioned that the money won't go toward our adoption, they protested and started brainstorming ways they could raise money for the Kratzers (car wash, etc.). Who says teenagers can't be selfless???!!!

7 comments:

  1. I would have helped raise money Mrs.Kratzer =) I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear, Angie!!! Thanks for passing on GOOD stories about teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omqee kratzer you only loved us yesterdayy ='/


    -yhur best student ever! .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mrs. krazter:D ily<3
    i hope you the best!!!!!!!! && baby here she/he comes && when yuh need a babysitting i want to be the first for yuh to call haha:) keep being the best teacher ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never said they can't be selfless:) Great post.

    ReplyDelete