Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home Study

Our social worker came tonight for our home study and Angie's individual interview, and she was here for about two and a half hours. Because of the age of our house, we have to test for lead paint, and we need to get a carbon monoxide detector. Angie's interview was a long one. When asked how I (Angie) deal with grief, I started off with shallow, flippant answers and then the flood gates opened. That little cry did me good.

Stan's interview is in Raleigh on the 18th, and then our social worker has 30 days to write up the home study, run it by us, have it approved by her supervisor, have it approved by the state director, and then we're on a list of waiting families. I'll finish our profile book in the meantime, have the social worker approve it online, and have it printed. I'm estimating that our profile book will be shown starting in late September.

I have to give a shout out to Stan on the blog today. School has begun for me, so I've had a pretty exhausting week (without air on Wednesday! whew!). When I came home today for the interview, the house was spotless, people . . . spotless!! You've done it now, honey. Now I know you can clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment