Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We're Formally Approved!

At last! Our formal application has been cleared, and we're now facing a MOUNTAIN of forms. In the last hour, I have poured over  Bethany's stance on corporal punishment, listed every penny of monthly expenses, and signed my name at least 20 times. If birth parents had to go through this much to have a child, I think the paperwork alone would serve as birth control.

Oh! Here's a question I can't answer: What are the anticipated costs for a child to be placed in your home? Think infant, and imagine that all our generous friends and family have donated all the furniture. How  much might we spend a month on a healthy infant? We're clueless.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Angie & Stan - Congrats on the formal approval. I've always been blown away at the adoption process - not that it is bad but the difference in birthing a child over the adoption process is so vast it just seems wrong.

    How much might a person spend in a month for a healthy infant? Hmmm...that is hard - diapers, formula, possible childcare, clothes, oh it's not really that bad :) I've still got four infants at home and well we manage :0

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete