Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A new Kratzer!

At 10:30 this morning, Samuel Myles got a new last name! He is forever a Kratzer. When I was on the witness stand this morning in family court, our lawyer asked me, "Do you  understand that this will be as if you gave birth to him?" I nodded so hard I forgot to say anything, and court reporters have a hard time recording nods.

After a very brief hearing, the judge---who spends most of his day on custody cases and was probably elated to have an adoption on his docket---let us take pictures with him! The police officer and court reporter both came over and held him. I'll get those pics up soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yea!!!!! I am so so so so so excited for you three!! I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm glad you were able to really soak it all it during the hearing! Gayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just brought tears to my eyes! I'm so thankful this is now truly final and you can just enjoy watching him grow and develop without any "stuff" hanging around. Hugs...connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I pray for years of blessings for both you and your amazing, little miracle.

    ReplyDelete