Friday, March 23, 2012

Created for Care

I am at a retreat for adoptive moms at a lodge on Lake Lanier. The organizers seated us at dinner by country, and I was with five women who already adopted from various children's homes in Uganda. Their stories are so varied, including one who ended up staying in country for 11 months waiting on the resolution of a legal glitch. I heard two stories of children dying of asthma attacks because of lack of access to medical facilities that could give them breathing treatments.

I found myself angry today when I saw pregnant women who had also adopted. I have to say to myself, "Our road is not their road." God has not forgotten us.

1 comment:

  1. Angie - I think of you and Stan often. Today I'm lifting the next few months up to the Lord and praying for you both...and for the one He has waiting on you.

    ReplyDelete