Saturday, October 8, 2011

Update

Last night, our birthmother made the decision not to go through with the adoption. We were prepared for this news and have been grieving all week. There is some relief in knowing; being in limbo was taking its toll on us.

Continue to pray for God's will to be done. The baby is due on Wednesday, and she can still change her mind. We are not expecting her to do so, but she is very young and lacks family support, so she may have a change of heart once reality hits.

2 comments:

  1. I've been a bit out of the loop but wanted to let you know that I just got caught up on your emotional roller coaster and we'll be praying for you. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friends, I was so sad to hear the news this morning. I have been praying for you guys all along this process and I thought about you during the night and prayed for you. I can only "imagine" what you two are feeling. I love you guys. Anyone who knows you would agree you will make the coolest parents and I am so excited to see who your child will be. Allow yourself to grieve. We support you in ALL you are feeling. You are grieving dreams postponed (not lost ) and we grieve with you AND your family......

    ReplyDelete